|Hiring Manager||Angelina Ruddell|
Application Deadline: 9/1/2017
Position: Part Time, Paid
Timeframe: 11/13/2017 - 12/22/2017, approximately 125 hours
Warren Village’s Holiday Shop is our signature event serving our resident community, comprised of previously homeless single parents and their children. Each year, we take in donations of new gifts for both adults and children. Our families are then invited to attend Holiday Shop and select gifts for their loved ones, free of charge. In order for Holiday Shop to be a success, the event requires the coordination and management of approximately 350 volunteer’s assistance.
Duties & Responsibilities
· Assist the Volunteer Services Manager in scheduling and managing the volunteers for the event.
· Abila Database Entries
· Supervise the delivery and organization of new donations and in-kind giving.
· Transport the donations from Warren Village to the venue (miles will be reimbursed).
· General event preparation and organization
· Provide acknowledgements for the help of donors and volunteers following Holiday Shop.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· An interest in working with volunteers and community members, as well as an aptitude for event planning and project management.
· Well organized with demonstrated abilities to manage multiple priorities and programs simultaneously.
· Computer skills and/or an aptitude for quick learning in Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet, and Outlook.
· Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
· Responds to external and internal communication in a timely and professional manner.
· Ability to maintain confidence and work well with a variety of constituencies with diplomacy and tact, including colleagues, clients, Trustees, donors, students, volunteers and community groups.
· Commitment to Warren Village’s mission and culture.
· Access to transportation
Questions or concerns please contact Angie Ruddell at 303.320.5032 or firstname.lastname@example.org
|Causes||Children & Youth Community General Service Homeless & Housing Poverty & Basic Needs|
|Skills||Communications Design Event Planning Fundraising Human Resources Marketing Writing|