|Hiring Manager||Cobblestone Farms|
About the Cobblestone Project:
This position is ideal for an undergraduate or graduate student who is passionate about cooking, nutrition and sustainability. The Teaching Kitchen Assistant is responsible for managing the Junior Chef Program including schedule of classes, communicating directly with the Boys & Girls Club, coordination with chefs and food suppliers, assist in teaching hands on classes, maintaining food safety techniques, and being creative.
Position Description Teaching Kitchen Assistant Responsibilities:
• Schedule cooking classes and create themes with Registered Dietitian (5 classes a session)
• Coordinate with chef and order/receive foods for class
• Set up and take down of classes, request volunteers as needed
• Assist chefs as needed during class
• Maintain inventory of kitchen
• Analyze evaluations for each class and make recommendations based on feedback
• Be an active participant in marketing for Teaching Kitchen Teaching Responsibilities
• Assist students during Hands On Cooking classes including knife skills, cooking, food safety.
• Teach volunteers food safety skills.
Teaching Kitchen Assistant needs to have some nutrition education and cooking experience; experience teaching in front of a group, well organized, and extremely self-motivated. This position has a high level of responsibility and initiative. Student does not need to be an expert in cooking or nutrition but must be able to use research and resources to meet needs.
|Causes||Children & Youth Community Education & Literacy Health & Medicine Hunger|
|Skills||Child Care Food Distribution Food Preparation Learning/Education Teaching|