|Approval||Organizer will approve registrants|
|Close Date||Jan 27, 2018 12:00am or when space runs out.|
|Age Limit||18 and up|
For over 25 years, Foundation Communities has helped empower low-income families in greater Austin to build a better financial future. You can join our mission by volunteering with the Community Tax Centers.
Each year, our volunteers put about $35 million in tax refunds back into the pockets of low-income families in our community - refunds they use to buy food, pay outstanding bills, and save for their children's future. In 2018, the tax centers expect to see more than 20,000 families. That’s a lot of people! To make this happen, we need 600 active volunteers.
No experience is necessary - we'll train you! Don't want to prepare taxes? We have options for you, too!
Whether you’re looking to build your skills and experience, make new friends, build your professional network, or to simply contribute your time to the community, this opportunity provides a substantial and meaningful way to volunteer.
Training opportunities start in December. Sign up now to get details as they become available!
Volunteer Tax Preparers must attend classroom training either in December or January. Online training is available for volunteer Client Liaisons (client intake) and Spanish/English Translators. All volunteers must pass an un-timed, open-book certification test from the IRS (don't worry - we support you through each step!)
• Convenient tax center locations that offer daytime, evening, and weekend shifts
• Resources and staff support at each tax center - you never serve alone
• Hands-on, real-world experience working with the public
• See your direct impact in real-time as clients walk away with completed tax returns
• Meet and network with other community-minded volunteers
• Reference letters for volunteers who meet service requirements
|Causes||Community General Service Immigrants & Refugees Poverty & Basic Needs|
|Skills||Accounting Help w/People|
0 Positions Filled | 0 Impacts | 0 Hours