This has ended. If you attended, let the organizer know by recording your impact!
|Approval||Organizer will approve registrants|
|Age Limit||18 and up|
A community advocate with Caritas of Austin assists an individual move toward a stable, self-sufficient life. Caritas provides training and support for Community Advocate Volunteers. You will be partnered with a professional social worker. Some of the ways in which you might help include:
* Mentor a single mother as she seeks stable housing
* Coach and encourage a disabled person who has experienced homelssness and is making the transition to a permanent home.
* Assist a refugee to learn about life in America, in general, and in Austin, TX, in particular.
* Be a supportive resource during a difficult time for the client;
* Make a difference in one person's life!
|Causes||Community Education Employment Homeless & Housing Hunger Immigrants & Refugees Poverty & Basic Needs|
1 Position Filled | 0 Impacts | 0 Hours