|Age Limit||18 and up|
Volunteers provide important services to hospice organizations and the people they serve. Whether it's providing companionship to a person in the final months and weeks of life, offering support to family members and caregivers, or helping with community outreach and fundraising, the contributions of volunteers are essential to the important work provided by our nation's hospice programs.Every hospice relies on volunteer support to provide excellent end-of-life care to each patient and family. By being a hospice volunteer, you can gain great personal satisfaction from knowing that you have made an impact in another person's life.
Hospice Volunteers Can Do . . . Just About Anything!
As a hospice volunteer you will be given choices as to how much and what types of things you want to do. Some examples of typical volunteer duties are:
• Being a comforting and supportive presence.
• Engaging in the patient's hobbies, for example, playing a board game or discussing current events.
• Running errands or doing light housekeeping for the patient and family.
• Encouraging the patient to tell their life story.
• Assist in the office.• Providing time for the caregiver to take care of her/his self. Volunteers are never asked to do something they are not comfortable doing.
Time Commitment: It's flexible, we will work with your schedule.
All members of the Hospice Volunteer Team receive education, training, pass a criminal background check and drug screening.
Schedule your interview today!
Ask for Ryan.
|Causes||Disabled Seniors Veterans & Military Families|
|Skills||Care Taker Office Work|
1 Position Filled | 0 Impacts | 0 Hours