Volunteer Registration/Kick-off Breakfast: 8:00 - 9:00 AM at Sandy Creek Nature Center
Volunteer Welcome: 9:00 - 9:15 AM at Sandy Creek Nature Center
Volunteer Shift: 9:30 AM - 12:00 PM at Beech Creek Preserve (parking details are listed above the map below)
All participants are encouraged to carpool to the kick-off and then from the kickoff to their selected sites.
We will be raffling off a kayak during the kick-off. Tickets will be sold for $1 and the winner will be announced that morning.
This is a private site for the Beech Creek Homeowners Association. Volunteers will pick up trash in Beech Creek Preserve along the Middle Oconee River.
- There are both wet and dry clean-up options.
- This site is kid-friendly.
- Be on the lookout for interesting finds at your site! You can enter them into our annual Trash 2 Treasure contest. Your site leader will have more details about how to enter.
- Volunteers should bring a reusable water bottle to fill up at the kick-off event.
- Volunteers should wear close-toed shoes or boots and long pants. Come ready to get wet and dirty!
Children under 18 should be registered as a minor by their parent/guardian. To do this, select "Add Attendee" at the top of the registration page BEFORE submitting your registration form. Check the box that says "Check if minor" and you will then be prompted to enter a first and last name (you do not need to enter an email for a minor).
We are not able to accommodate large group registrations. If you have a group that would like to volunteer at the same site, each individual must separately register through Engage Georgia.
Please bring a reusable water bottle.