Buckman SUN Community School is looking for volunteer Classroom Assistants for K-5 after-school classrooms. The program is Monday-Friday, 2:30 pm-5:30pm for volunteer Classroom Assistants.
This opportunity would be excellent for education, special education, sociology, psychology and social work majors!
The SUN program is affiliated of Impact NW, a nonprofit dictated to alleviating poverty and helping individuals succeed. If you are interested or possibly know someone who would be interested please email the Buckman Volunteer Coordinator (Kayla Franklin -firstname.lastname@example.org) to schedule a volunteer orientation today!
Position roles and responsibilities:
• Assisting instructors in our after-school classes.
• Setting up activities, art projects, lessons, etc.
• The ability to work with children to ensure an enriching, positive, and safe classroom setting.
• Effectively work within a strength-based, integrated youth support service delivery system.
• Prepping snack and handing out snack, along with recess duties that include ensuring student safety.
• Strong leadership, role modeling skills
• Positive on-task and present minded
• Willing to work with vulnerable and diverse populations