Community Development Intern
RRC is a not-for-profit Atlanta community development corporation. For more information about RRC, visit www.rrc-atl.org.
RRC is a member of the NeighborWorks network and is seeking a summer intern to provide operational and research support for on-going community building, homeownership counseling and housing development programs. This will be a part-time, 3 to 4 month position, supervised by RRC Executive Staff. Most work will need to occur at the RRC offices, but some work may also be done in the field or from a home office. The intern in this position will work closely with RRC staff and community stakeholders.
· Review RRC's previous work in Community outreach, housing development and home ownership counseling.
· Organize and maintain careful records of research performed.
· Conduct data entry and review analyses of data.
· Share results with residents, RRC staff and other stakeholders, as needed.
· Research and consider appropriate community-level and community building outcomes for RRC's support of leadership development within neighborhoods.
· Perform other related duties.
Education, Experience and Skill Requirements:
· Research and evaluation experience preferred.
· Graduate student preferred, but willing to consider equivalent experience.
· Willingness and ability to work with diverse population.
· Ability to work some evenings and weekends.
· Proficiency with word processing and simple databases.
· Understanding and support of the mission of RRC.