Every 2 seconds, someone in the US needs blood and one blood donation can save up to 3 lives. Help and support lives in North Carolina. Volunteer at the blood drives in your community.
· Warmly greet donors and assist with registration in the reception area
· Model excellent customer service behaviors, ensure blood donors have relevant information, and that all questions are answered appropriately
· Assist in the canteen area, manage the cleanliness in reception and hospitality areas, thank donors for their contribution, and alert staff immediately if a donor shows signs of feeling unwell
· Inform donors of current and upcoming donation promotions, make reminder/cancellation calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
· 6 hours per month (which is typically 1-2 shifts per month). This position is flexible as volunteers can sign up for shifts online that work their schedule!
Interested in volunteering?
· If you are age 18 or older, please apply using the following link for an expedited application process: https://tinyurl.com/BloodDonorAmbassadorVolunteer
Safety First! Our need for volunteers is constant and our guidelines reflect the latest CDC safety recommendations and follow the national and local government laws. COVID-19 vaccination will be required for in-person volunteer roles beginning February 15, 2022. Vaccines are not required for virtual volunteer opportunities.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 336-646-4047