Every 2 seconds, someone in the US needs blood and one blood donation can save up to 3 lives. Help and support lives in North Carolina. Volunteer at the blood drives in your community.
· Warmly greet donors and assist with registration in the reception area
· Model excellent customer service behaviors, ensure blood donors have relevant information, and that all questions are answered appropriately
· Assist in the canteen area, manage the cleanliness in reception and hospitality areas, thank donors for their contribution, and alert staff immediately if a donor shows signs of feeling unwell
· Inform donors of current and upcoming donation promotions, make reminder/cancellation calls, re-schedule donor appointments, and perform follow up activities as directed
· If age 18 or older, volunteers will assist in prescreening and take temperatures of all donors before they enter the blood drive.
· 6 hours per month (which is typically 1-2 shifts per month). This position is flexible as volunteers can sign up for shifts online that work their schedule!
**FYI: Several enhanced blood donations protocols including PPE and social distancing have been implemented in the interest of the safety of the blood supply, recipients, other donors, staff, volunteers, and general public health.
Interested in volunteering?
· If you are age 18 or older, please apply using the following link for an expedited application process: https://tinyurl.com/BloodDonorAmbassadorVolunteer
Contact email@example.com or 336-646-4047