This event has ended. Click Here to see more upcoming events from Ten Thousand Villages of Austin!
|Approval||Organizer will approve registrants|
|Close Date||January 9th, 2015 or when space runs out.|
We are currently seeking an Intern who is passionate about Fair Trade, our mission, and is interested in helping our Austin store reach "the next level"! Social Media sites are an invaluable marketing tool for reaching a larger audience and increasing buzz about our store. This position is perfect for any student looking to gain more hands-on experience in social media marketing or desiring insight into how a non-profit organization is managed!
Ten Thousand Villages of Austin (TTV) is a 501(c)(3) fair trade retailer of artisan-crafted works from across the globe. A founding member of the World Fair Trade Organization (WFTO), Ten Thousand Villages sees fair trade as an alternative approach to conventional international trade. We seek to establish long-term buying relationships in places where skilled artisans are under- or unemployed, and in which they lack other opportunities for income.
Featuring products from more than 130 artisan groups in 38 countries, we are part of a network of over 70 retail outlets throughout the United States selling Ten Thousand Villages products. As one of the world’s oldest and largest fair trade organizations, Ten Thousand Villages has spent more than 60 years cultivating trading relationships in which artisans receive a fair price for their work and consumers have access to distinctive handcrafted items.
Social Media (50%)
• Work with the Marketing Committee to manage TTV-Austin’s social media presence, using organizational tools such as Google Calendar and Hootsuite to post items about our store, Fair Trade, and events
• Create social media reports and monitor activity and impact of posts
• Develop and implement creative techniques to increase audience and engagement
• Create and implement innovative ways to utilize social media as a means to attract potential customers and volunteers, and as an educational tool to inform the public on Fair Trade• Attend and cover local Fair Trade events using social media outlets
Customer Service (15%)
• Spend 1-2 hours a week on our sales floor, engaging customers and familiarizing yourself with TTV products
• Watch the "New Item Videos" every month• Verbally market upcoming events to customers
• Create and post fliers about major events
• Create event pages on Facebook, Do512, and other online calendars; promote events through social media
• Research and write about artisan groups that TTV works with on social media outlets
• Assist with planning and promoting of Fair Trade events in Austin and surrounding communities• Develop partnerships with other entities that enhance our sales, and review pop-up sale opportunities
• Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, electronic)
• Enjoys using Social Media - Facebook and Twitter experience essential; Instagram and Pinterest desirable
• Marketing and/or Customer Service experience preferred
• Graphic Design experience a plus (not required)• Able to take initiative and step outside comfort zone to learn
• 20% off all purchases at Ten Thousand Villages of Austin (!)
• Positive, creative, and fun work environment at one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies (*Ethisphere Institute)
• Opportunities to network with like-minded community members• Professional development through Ten Thousand Villages staff evaluations and relevant training sessions
Interested applicants should submit brief letter of interest and resume to the Volunteer Coordinator, Alex Peters, at email@example.com. Internship requires 15 hours per week based in our new North Central location (some hours can be completed remotely) and will begin in early January 2015.
Excellent communication skills (verbal, written, electronic)
Highly organized and able to balance multiple projects creatively and effectively
Enjoys using Social Media - Facebook and Twitter experience essential; Instagram and Pinterest desirable
Marketing and/or Customer Service experience preferred
Graphic Design experience a plus (not required)
Able to take initiative and step outside comfort zone to learn
|Perks||Friendly and supportive work environment|
20% off all items in store
Professional development opportunities through training and evaluations
Networking opportunities with like minded community members
|Parking Details||Parking will be available at our store location|
|Causes||Advocacy & Human Rights Arts & Culture Employment Immigrants & Refugees International Poverty & Basic Needs Women|
|Skills||Advertising Copywriting Design Marketing Online Marketing Public Relations Social Media Strategic Marketing Writing|
0 Positions Filled | 0 Impacts | 0 Hours