|Approval||Organizer will approve registrants|
|Registration Opens||Till registration closes|
|Registration Closes||14 days before each end date or when space runs out.|
|Age Limit||18 and up|
POSITION TITLE: AmeriCorps VISTA Central Falls Office on Health Community VISTA
DEPARTMENT: Health Office
JOB REPORTS TO: Health Policy Advisor
POSITION TYPE: Full-time Position
Job Purpose & Description: The Central Falls Office on Health is seeking a bilingual, dedicated, self-starter with excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills to serve with the Mayor of Central Falls, Chief Health Strategist, and other municipal offices within the City of Central Falls. The Central Falls Office on Health is charged with helping Central Falls to become the healthiest city in Rhode Island. The Office on Health collaborates with community organizations to make sure all residents of Central Falls get the health services they need and works to make sure those health services are effective at improving the health of everyone in the city.
The AmeriCorps VISTA Member will have the ability to build and strengthen demonstrated skills, while strengthening ties among community organizations as a leader in promoting community driven health initiatives in the city of Central Falls. The AmeriCorps VISTA will support the efforts of a One Stop Recovery Center, researching grant funding opportunities while also supporting a branded city-wide public relations effort. This effort will involve all schools, city agencies, emergency medical services and social organizations to discourage substance use disorder.
In partnering with and supporting the Central Falls Neighborhood Health Station, it will be the largest single clinical collaboration that will provide care for every resident of Central Falls. It combines traditional clinical services (medicine, dentistry and behavioral health) with sophisticated community involvement and community outreach, allowing Central Falls residents to care for one another and to provide support for the most vulnerable. The Central Falls Neighborhood Health Station is the keystone of community revitalization.
Please visit http://www.centralfallsri.us/officeonhealth for more information on the Central Falls Office on Health
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
• The CFNHS Neighborhood Outreach Vista will serve directly with the City of Central Falls Health Policy Advisor6, Dr. Michael Fine and other members of Mayor Diossa’s Team. Member will be charged with raising awareness among Central Falls’ socioeconomically challenged residents about the health and wellness services provided by Central Falls Neighborhood Health Station And about the most effective use of health services.
• This CFNHS Neighborhood Outreach Vista will be a vital member of the CFNHS team who will research grant funding opportunities and maintain the Substance Use Disorder Prevention Task Force-raising awareness on substance use disorder and harm reduction strategies.
• This CFNHS Neighborhood Outreach Vista member will be tasked with planning and developing the Central Falls Office on Health website for new member enrollment and social media outreach to Central Falls Neighborhood Health Station.
• This CFNHS Neighborhood Outreach Vista member will assist in strengthening relationships among community members and community organizations as well as educating and informing them of the Central Falls Neighborhood Health Station.
• Bilingual preferred
• Must be 18 years of age or older upon entering AmeriCorps*VISTA placement.
• Must take an oath of office upon enrollment into service.
• Must be able to offer full-time service for a period of one year without regard to regular working hours.
• To the maximum extent practicable, must be willing to live among, and at the economic level of the people served.
• Must complete the entire PSO in order to become an AmeriCorps*VISTA.
• Must be able to perform at the level specified of the AmeriCorps*VISTA assignment.
• High School Diploma or GED required; some college preferred
• Ability to manage, prioritize, able to multi-task and coordinate in a fast-paced and demanding environment.
• Ability to work independently with limited direction and instruction within the scope of assignments.
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Must be able to take initiative while paying close attention to detail and completing all follow up required
• Ability to work effectively with a diverse population
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: Central Falls is committed to maintaining a work and learning environment free from discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, pregnancy, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital/civil union status, ancestry, place of birth, age, citizenship status, veteran status, political affiliation, genetic information or disability, as defined and required by state and federal laws. Additionally, we prohibit retaliation against individuals who oppose such discrimination and harassment or who participate in an equal opportunity investigation.
Application and Resume must be submitted through the www.americorps.gov website. Or by e-mail to email@example.com.
|Causes||Community Food Insecurity, Hunger Health Human Rights Immigrants & Refugees Marginalized Populations Mentor Nutrition Poverty & Basic Needs Race & Ethnicity|
|Skills||Mentoring Office Work Medical Coaching Communications Event Planning Strategic Communications Strategy Writing Nutrition Teaching Help w/People Food Preparation First Aid/CPR Health Care Research|
|Sustainable Development Goals|