Kick-off Celebration: 8:30AM - 9:30AM at the Cedar Shoals High School gymnasium (1300 Cedar Shoals Drive).
Volunteer Shift: 10:00AM - 1:00PM at the Athens Area Homeless Shelter's Barber Street Shelter (620 Barber Street).
- All participants are encouraged to carpool from the kickoff to their selected site.
- All volunteers are encouraged to bring a canned food item to the kickoff event. Donations will benefit Campus Kitchen at UGA. Preferred items are dry pasta, broth, and rice.
Volunteers will help clean up and beautify the Barber Street Shelter grounds by raking leaves, trimming bushes, cleaning gutters, and picking up trash. Volunteers will also help with indoor clean-up in the shelter kitchen and common area.
- This site is for volunteers ages 18 and up.
- Volunteers should bring a reusable water bottle.
- Volunteers should wear close-toed shoes and come dressed to get dirty.
Children under 18 should be registered by their parent/guardian. All volunteers under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
We are not able to accommodate large group registrations. If you have a group that would like to volunteer at the same site, each individual must separately register through Engage Georgia.
Wendy Bartel wrote on January 15th, 2019
Hey, any chance you could add another couple of people. I am very motivated to help the homeless, and not just one day a year. Please let me know if any openings become available. Wendy Bartel @ 732-759-5791 or firstname.lastname@example.org, but texting works better than emails for me. Thanks!! And thanks for what you're doing!