In collaboration with students, faculty, and local communities, the Office of Civic & Service-Learning aims to facilitate student learning through transformational service experiences that meet identified community needs. Additionally, the Office of Civic & Service-Learning seeks to provide civic engagement opportunities for students to develop into socially and civically responsible citizens.
- Patrick Kenney, Coordinator of Civic & Service-Learning - firstname.lastname@example.org or 978-656-3159
- Melissa Chandonnet, Service-Learning Program Assistant - email@example.com or 978-656-3462
- Kirsten Hoey, Service-Learning Program Assistant - firstname.lastname@example.org or 978-656-3462
- Lowell - Cowan Center, 4th floor, Room 407
- Lowell - Cowan Center, 5th floor, Cubicle 21
- Bedford - Campus Center, 2nd floor - drop box for paperwork located on wall across from Room 200
We are happy to help you with the service-learning process. Feel free to reach out with any questions and we will do our best to assist! Service-learning is an opportunity to utilize the knowledge you learn in the classroom to meet specific community needs at our affiliates. We hope you have an enjoyable experience and would love to hear about your service accomplishments. Share about your experience on our wall!
Hundreds of Middlesex students participate in community engagement activities, including Service-Learning. These community-based experiences integrate community service with classroom instruction and meet identified community needs. They focus on critical, reflective thinking and civic responsibility and are unique collaborations between faculty, staff, students, and our community partners. Middlesex was selected by Campus Compact as one of only 13 colleges to be named as a model of exemplary practices of civic engagement.
25,416 People | 5,835 Impacts | 28,978 Hours