The mission of Harbor House is to lead a community-wide partnership in the prevention of domestic violence and abuse, and to offer safety and support to diverse families in crisis.
Six key programs provide the vehicle for us to carry out our mission. They are as follow:
- Shelter Program (a safe place, 24-hour crisis helpline and emergency transportation)
- Children's Program (individual and group support, advocacy and education)
- Women's Program (individual and group support, advocacy and referral)
- Community Education Program (prevention education primarily in schools, training for professionals and community presentations and awareness-building events)
- Domestic Violence Intervention Program (perpetrator assessments, education sessions and monitoring of offender programs)
- Volunteer Program (opportunities for ongoing adult and teen involvement)