Vera Cicero: Director of Therapeutic Recreation
Main Line: 718.979.5000
firstname.lastname@example.org (Please e-mail first)
For this site please contact the site supervisor listed below to schedule your service. Be sure to register your hours once complete.
Nature and Purpose of Agency
The mission of ArchCare is to foster and provide faith based holistic care to frail and elderly people unable to fully care for themselves. Through shared commitments, ArchCare seeks to improve the quality of the lives of those individuals and their families.
Tasks Available for Students
All volunteers are welcome to participate in activities that provide our residents with companionship and stimulating conversation. Certain volunteers choose to lead an activity or provide entertainment to our residents in a supervised environment. There are volunteer opportunities available in a variety of departments depending on your schedule and interest. The assignments include:
- One-to-One Visiting
- Recreation: group activities, such as music, bingo, and other special entertainment programs
- Assistance in the therapy programs.
- Provide Transportation for the Residents to: the garden and special activities.
- Gift Shop
Students must complete 15 hours of service.
Student Awareness/Special Instructions
- Students should bring the following to the orientation:
- Attached application and cover page completed and signed
- Copy of your medical records indicating a current PPD test. You may pick up your medical records in the nurse's office in Campus Center, B17, free of charge. Please bring the attached release of medical records form to the nurse in the Campus Center, B17. Copy of your medical records will be provided free of charge
- Proof of current flu shot. If you did not get a flu shot, you will be given a mask at the Center to wear during your time serving there. g in the library room 101.
- Dress code: No tank tops, no ripped jeans, no open toe shoes.
- Students must be informed that there is to be NO FOOD and NO FLUIDS given to any resident at any time. Also, if students are not sure of any situation at anytime during the visit to reach out to the nurse or administrator at the home
Go south on Howard toward Park Ln, turn left onto Park Ln, keep moving ahead on Oakland Ter, Keep moving ahead on Laurel Ave, turn right onto Gordon St, turn left onto OSGOOD Ave, turn right onto Vanderbilt Ave and take S76. You will be on it for 12 stops and get off at Richmond Rd-Dellwood Rd. Start out going southwest on Richmond Rd towards Dellwood Rd, turn left onto Old Town Rd
Go south on Howard toward Park Ln, turn left onto Park Ln, keep moving ahead on Oakland Ter, turn left onto VanDuzer St and take S74. You will be on it for 14 stops and get off at Richmond Rd-Dellwood Rd. Start out going southwest on Richmond Rd towards Dellwood Rd, turn left onto Old Town Rd
Head southwest on Howard Ave toward Park Ln, turn right to stay on Howard Ave, turn left onto Clove Rd, turn left to stay on Clove Rd, continue straight to stay on Clove Rd, slight right to stay on Clover Rd, take the 1st right onto Richmond Rd, slight right to stay on Richmond Rd, turn left onto Old Town Rd
Updated 4/8/19 JB