The Center was founded in 1993 to bridge the gap between policy and practice and restore excellence to education. Today the Center is the pioneer and leading advocate for structural and sustainable changes that can dramatically improve educational opportunities in the U.S. We do that by primarily working to (1) generate and share leading ideas and information, (2) support and enable grassroots activism, and (3) protect and stimulate media coverage and issue accuracy.
We make a difference by:
- Leveraging national credibility and connections, local relationships, and impact.
- Delivering results in the halls of power and in the halls of local schools.
- Focusing on structure and substance more than people and politics.
- Defending facts, accuracy, and accountability in debate, measurement, and media coverage.
- Serving as a clearinghouse for innovation in policy, implementation and measurement.
- Being the most experienced leaders in Education Reform.