Through on-campus, weekly activity session, Mentors show local Muncie community children the importance of understanding your community, and learning what you can do beyond school! Whether this is higher-eduction, trade school, beginning a career, or joining the military! College Mentors for Kids is not an after-school tutoring program!
Our mission is that Mentoring transforms lives: we connect kids to college students through weekly on-campus activities that inspire growth, confidence, and brighter futures.
- The kids come to campus. You do not need a car to participate.
- Mentoring activities take place at the same time each week and follow the academic year.
- You are matched one-on-one with a little buddy and activities take place in a group setting. Because activities take place in a group you are not responsible for planning activities each week.
- Must be at least 18 years old and enrolled at a university with a College Mentors chapter
- Must be willing to make a minimum of a one-year commitement
- Must be available to attend at least one activity day per week
- Must complete an online application and participate in an in-person interview
- Must be able to successfully pass a background check
- Must complete online volunteer training modules and attend an in-person Chapter Kick-off
128 People | 2,541 Impacts | 6,231 Hours