Tasks for Volunteers in Huffer Memorial Children’s Center:
1. Come have Lunch and help with serving the children.
2. Fold and staple booklets.
3. Cover/ Repair Library Books
4. Help with Huffer’s webpage
5. Work in Huffer’s Library
6. Make homemade playdough (can also be done at home).
7. Design or simply put up/take down bulletin boards.
8. Hang artwork in the hallway.
9. Cut out laminations.
10. Help with field trips
11. Sharpen pencils.
12. Cap markers and make sure none are dry.
13. Throw out old crayons and replace.
14. Clean tables, desks, and work surfaces.
15. Clean and fill glue bottles.
16. Clean paintbrushes and make sure paint is stocked.
17. Organize stamps and throw away any dry stamp pads.
18. Return books to school library.
19. Conduct research for upcoming lessons.
20. Clean up after class pets.
21. Help with the Huffer FISH TANK
22. Water plants.
23. Stuff and address envelopes for class mailings.
24. Help with Huffer playgrounds
25. Be a part of Huffer’s flower & gardening club
26. Read to children.
27. Listen to children read.
28. Go over homework with children. (school-age)
29. Practice skills with flashcards. (school-age)
30. Work on particular skills with student or small group of students.
31. Tell or read stories related to lessons.
32. Play board games with small groups of children.
33. Chaperone field trips.
34. Give presentations to class (e.g., safety lessons from police officer, dental care lessons from dentist).
35. Help fill out book orders or help with Book Fair
36. Assist in planning parties or other special classroom days.
37. Assist with Huffer fundraisers!
38. Scan and/or save student work on the computer.
39. Take and/or organize class photographs.
40. Maintain a classroom facebook page
41. Help write and/or edit class newsletter.
42. Play and do activities with children
* Background checks needed if more than 8 hours per month