843 Crotona Park North
Bronx, NY 10460
For this site please sign up on GivePulse to schedule your service.
Pedro Caranti, Program Director
email@example.com (use email first to contact)
Nature and Purpose of Agency
SBEF's mission is to foster the development of young people so that they may go on to lead productive lives and build healthy families. They offer programs in a supportive and encouraging atmosphere that promote intellectual, cultural and moral growth of youth. They strive to instill in them strong character, a positive vision of the future, and the necessary skills to achieve their goals. Adapted from: http://www.sbef.org/#!about-us/cjg9
Tasks Available for Students
- Tutor and mentor the youth participating in this program.
- Assist with their homework, English, and reading assignments.
- Work one on one with subjects that they are struggling with in the classroom.
- Recreational activities, intellectual activities (ex: chess)
- Social skills- help the students with presentation skills and public speaking
Tuesday through Thursday from 3:00pm-5:30pm
Saturdays from 11am-2pm
Student Awareness/Special Instructions
For this program, volunteers must be male students.
- Female students interested in serving with SBEF should contact The Rosedale Center at 718-328-4090.
**We recommend students travel in pairs or small groups to this service site.**
Take the Q46 bus to Kew Gardens. Take the F train towards Coney Island/Stillwell Avenue. Exit at Lexington Avenue/63rd Street. Walk to 59th Street and take the 5 Train towards Eastchester-Dyre Avenue. Exit at 174th Street.
Take the Grand Central Parkway east to exit 21, the Clearview Expressway (I 295N). Continue over Throgs Neck Bridge. Take exit 3 towards 3rd Avenue. Merge on E 175th Street, Turn left on 3rd Avenue. Take the 1st left on Cross Bronx Service Road. Turn slight right on Crotona Park North. Destination will be on the left.