San Diego House Rabbit Society is an all-volunteer, nonprofit rabbit welfare organization. We rescue, adopt to new homes, and assist local shelters to adopt out, well over 100 domestic rabbits per year. Some of these rabbits have run out of time at animal shelters and were scheduled for euthanasia; others were deemed "unadoptable" because of age, health or disposition.
All incoming HRS foster rabbits are spayed or neutered, given necessary veterinary care and have their social needs attended to. HRS foster parents spend time getting to know each rabbit in order to match him or her with an appropriate home. No rabbits in HRS foster care are euthanized because they have "run out of time."
In addition to adoption and rescue, San Diego HRS is an invaluable resource to the rabbit community. HRS provides:
- Education on the care of rabbit companions
- Referrals to local rabbit-experienced exotic veterinarians and emergency clinics
- The first "rabbit only" spay/neuter rebate program in the country
- High-quality, lower cost supplies and freshly boxed hay for local rabbit families
- An informative website, telephone hotline and email information service to answer questions about rabbit behavior and care
- Classes on rabbit care that are free or low-cost to the public
Mission: San Diego House Rabbit Society: Supporting local shelters, educating the public, and serving the needs of companion rabbits in our community - for nearly 20 years!
|Website||website facebook twitter|