Founded in 1987, the Bicycle Alliance of Washington works to make Washington a bicycle-friendly state for all bicyclist by:
- Identifying, researching, and prioritizing key issues;
- Propose and advocate for legislation;
- Emphasize safety and education;
- Working with bicycle-friendly legislators to gain sponsorship of bills and support for funding.
In the real world, in recent years these goals have translated to:
- Running the Safe Routes to School program in partnership with Feet First.
- Educating bicyclists and motorists about sharing the road through literature and train-the-trainer bike classes.
- Partnering with numerous other organizations to pass the Cell Phone Bill that went into effect in July, 2010.
- Creating Driver's Education curriculum on how to drive safely around bicyclists that all new drivers are exposed to.
Mission: The Bicycle Alliance advocates for bicyclists and a bike-friendly Washington.
|Causes||Advocacy & Human Rights Environment Sports & Recreation|