We're gearing up for the 3rd Annual Austin Mini Maker Faire and have a big need for volunteers! For those not familiar with the event you can check out a quick video here: http://vimeo.com/82348893 It is a fun-filled, family friendly, DIY and maker extravaganza right here in our beautiful town.
A sampling of volunteer needs:
• Supervise amazing art-car making and other community craft projects
• Assist makers in setting up and breaking down their booths
• Take and sell tickets at the event
• Stage Managing for bands like this: http://austinmakerfaire.com/2013/04/19/meet-the-makers-pony-trap/
• Assist in the Maker Villages (includes Tinkering, EcoVillage, Robotics, among others..)
We'll need volunteers for the set up the day before on May 2nd and on the event day: May 3rd. The event is being held at the Travis County Expo Center. Each shift is 4 hours (morning and afternoon) and along with a pretty great time gets you entrance to the event and an Austin Maker Faire t-shirt.
4 People | 2 Impacts | 9 hours