Why Extreme Flag Football?
Extreme Flag Football players develops advanced football skills that cannot be developed in a traditional flag football environment, such as:
Run and pass blocking techniques
Pass rush techniques
Bump & Run and Press coverage techniques
Wide receiver releases vs press coverage
QB passing mechanics with a helmet and shoulder pads
Catching/throwing passes with a helmet and shoulder pads
Breaking tackles And more!
- Greatly reduces the potential risk of injury associated with full tackle football. Extreme Flag Football is a NO TACKLEleague.
- Most injuries to young, tackle football players occur when players are taken to the ground. Especially in large "pile ups" or a secondary tackler hitting a runner below the waist or knee while the runner is engaged with another player.
- Most injuries to young flag football players occur when to players collide at full speed without any protection for their head or shoulder areas.
- Extreme Flag Football is designed to greatly reduce those types of injuries
- Promotes agility and mobility, which increases player's proficiency in maintaining balance before, during and after contact while promoting physicality in all phases of the game.
- Incidental contact to unprotected players cannot be fully eliminated in current flag football leagues, thus a semi-padded uniform combined with elements of flag and tackle football; gives young athletes the ability to develop advanced football skills while greatly reducing the risk of injuries to their developing young bodies.
- Free Preseason developmental clinics for players and coaches who register with Extreme Flag Football
- All Extreme Flag Football coaches are certified through USA Football by Extreme Flag Football
- All players receive full membership to USA Football
- Extreme Flag Football is the only FORMALLY Affiliated Football league in Central Texas