Keep US Fed Montgomery County gathers surplus food from restaurants, grocery stores, etc. keeping it out of the
landfill and delivering it to area charities serving people in need.
1. Request to join Keep US Fed Montgomery County – once you've completed these steps, you'll be able to
sign up for food runs. Just click on "Become a Member" above and fill out the form. It is that easy.
2. Shadow a food run – e-mail info@KeepUSFedMoCo.org to get connected with someone who can help you
learn first hand what we do.
3. Read the KUSF Volunteer Handbook Manual.
4. Complete the KUSF Volunteer Survey.
5. Sign up for a volunteer orientation – email us at info@KeepUSFedMoCo.org when you are ready.
6. Earn a food handler certificate by taking an online class at http://montgomerycotx.foodhandlerclasses.com. It costs $9 for 2 years. Please e-mail a copy of your certificate to info@KeepUSFedMoCo.org so we can keep it on file.
7. Once you're approved for membership, you'll be able to see and sign up for open food runs, marked in
KUSF Montgomery County is entirely volunteer run, which means it often takes us time to respond to requests
because we all juggle jobs, family life and volunteer work. Thanks so much for your interest in helping us
Keep Montgomery County Fed!
A Project of Leadership Montgomery County (LMC) Class of 2015
|Website||website facebook twitter|
34 People | 2,566 Impacts | 2,472 Hours