Starting at 2pm I completed all assignments given for week 3. This included transferring all the activities on my word document sheet to the template given and the activities page in more detail. I explained them by stating what they are, how to play, supplies needed, and videos explaining it. I emailed my finishing tasks to my supervisor at 5pm.
From 3-4:30 I called each site for the summer camp weeks to set up reservations. They explained to me that because of the COVID outbreak, I cant schedule a reservation until after March 31st. After I called everyone I could, I worked on my final draft for week 3 summer camp by putting it in the summer camp template and finishing an activities description list. I did this from 4:30-7. Once I finished week three, I worked on week 6 rough draft. I looked up fun activities to do so I was able to finish the activities description list and supplies. I still have to do the budget list for this week. I worked on this until about 8:00.
- On Thursday, I continued my work with the webinar presentation, this included research for the information and formatting it into the presentation. I had my first phone call meeting with my supervisor for supervision for 30-45 minutes. I was able to gather a little information on the summer transportation proposal as well. I finished up working on the volunteer survey to send over to Tenisha on Friday.
-On Friday, I finished up the presentation to turn in my first rough draft that afternoon to Tenisha. Tenisha and I had a meeting for 1.5 hours about what this internship is to look like moving forward and my feelings to the sudden end of on-site work for school and my internship. After this meeting, I emailed a meeting recap with tasks for both of us for the next weeks. I was able to send over my logic model, survey, and 1st rough draft of the presentation on Friday after the meeting as well.
- On Tuesday I focused on looking over the email in regards to what my internship will look like for the rest of the semester. I researched food pantries, restaurants with free kids meals, and where Fayetteville busses are delivering food during this time of kids being out of school. I started to do some research for the webinar presentation and how to complete a logic model.
- Wednesday I completed the logic model using the Easter Egg Hunt as my example and resources to understand how to complete one. I sent out an email to the SLP students in regards to the status of the YRCC and Easter Egg Hunt for Spring 2020. I started creating the presentation for webinars, I have completed the first two sections. I researched how to best make an evaluating survey for volunteers and interns that have been involved with the Kid's Nite afterschool program.
Today at YRCC i worked on finishing up the scheduling portion of my X-Factor home school P.E planning. i also began working on a detailed syllabus stating the different activities the students can participate in daily as well as the fundamentals they are able to learn through every X-Factor class.
Today for my shift I worked the front desk. I checked members in and worked on my summer camp planning assignment. It was open gym today for the kids so there was not that many. The kids who did come played with the scooters and imagination playground.
- I typed up the board meeting minutes in the morning and sent them to Tenisha for approval and changes
- I spoke with Bryttni about potentially moving our community connections meeting to an online platform and how that might change the goals of the meeting. Along with if the YRCC could make a larger impact with an online platform by reaching stakeholders outside of NWA.
- Today for the Kids Nite program we took the kids outside for 30 minutes before reading time since it was nice out. We read for 30 minutes followed by STEM activities, for the younger kids we had them play an age-appropriate coding game on the computer and the older kids had engineering students come to do an activity with them. Afterward, we had about 45 minutes of free time before a rental started and moving the kids into the computer lab for educational free play.
Today, I finished the Outstanding Outdoors week for summer camp. I checked people in for pickle ball. Before the kids arrived for the after school program, I helped get out and set up the snacks for them to eat. Once the kids arrived, I played basketball and threw the football with a few of them.