Chain Reaction Yearly Membership Requirements:
We want you to get the most out of your membership! Here’s how!
1. Attend Member Orientation:
Fridays at the Chain Reaction Center located at 1301 E. Gadsden St. Tour the CR Center, meet current CR teen leaders, and learn how to get involved. You will receive an info packet that details everything you need to know about CR.
Please check the date you will attending Member Orientation. Orientation is mandatory and will be held at the CR Center. Our capacity is 12 teens.
ð Friday, May 19, 2017 3:30-5:00
ð Friday, June 2, 2017 3:30-5:00
ð Friday, June 16, 2017 3:30-5:00
Please contact Member Services Manager, Wendy Westerman at email@example.com for the next date
2. Attend one Chain Reaction Quarterly Meeting:
Quarterly Meetings are gatherings of up to 50 teens celebrating the past season’s accomplishments and getting excited for the next season’s round of service projects. They will occur on the 2nd Monday of July 2016, October 2016, January 2017, and April 2017.
Time: 5:00 to 6:30 p.m.
3. Participate in one service project for six weeks:
Tuesdays and/or Wednesdays. Over 12 service projects to choose from! Projects will rotate seasonally. Learn how to plan and execute service projects designed by teens like you. Time: 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. (school year) or 12:30 to 2:30 p.m. (summer)
CR also has a summer opportunity called Kids’ College where you serve as a teacher assistant for a children’s summer camp at Pensacola State College. You must attend at least 2 weeks of Kids’ College for it to count as a completion of a service project.
4. Complete two leadership courses:
· Internship/Letter of Recommendation: Internships are opportunities for you to oversee a service project and develop leadership skills. Applications for internships and letters of recommendation are available upon request.
· Resume: All teens will complete a resume. Useful for teens applying to jobs, colleges, or scholarships. Resumes will be graded by local businesses that hire teens.
· Logistics Training: Gives a chance for you to learn the specifics of each project. Dates TBD. Held on Tuesdays or Wednesdays during service project meetings.