|Shift Name||Back of the Pack Crew|
This position is a fun and cheerful volunteer opportunity that offers direct interaction with the athletes. The Back of the Pack's first role is to assist the Life Time Staff with organizing the athletes at the start and managing the Pre-Race Water Station. Your focus should be on helping athletes get in the correct corrals, offer encouragement and help with releasing the athletes onto the race course with direction from the staff. Once all the athletes are on the course, and with the permission of our Life Time Fitness staff, you will enter the race course. The Back of the Pack group needs to stay on pace and act as a "wall" on course. You are asked to NOT run ahead of the group.
Here are a few items to remember:
- This position is not a free entry into the race, it is a volunteer opportunity
- You will receive a bib on race morning from the volunteer tent that is NOT chipped, so you will not receive an official race time
- You are required to wear your volunteer shirt...tutus, fancy socks, fun hats and bright sunglasses are highly encouraged!
- If there are extra medals, you can take one at the end of the race but all athletes must be off the course before receiving a medal
- Back of the Packers do not qualify for any Challenge medals
- If there are extra athlete shirts, you can retrieve one AFTER the race at the results tent if the Life Time Athlete Services personnel are not busy. Their first priority is to assist the athletes with their results.
|Registrations||6 out of 25|
|Date & Time||Sun, Sep 27, 2020 5:00 - 11:30am|
Check in at Main Volunteer Tent
6401 S Stony Island Ave
Chicago, IL 60637