THANK YOU FOR YOUR CONTRIBUTIONS! The 2020 FundRun was a huge success. We will leave the fundraising page open for a few more days to accept any last minute gifts raised.
Have you been to Tecaboca?
Have you nervously driven through the water as you crossed the dam road?
Have you sat outside and experienced a star-gazing experience on the property?
Have you felt the presence of God while looking up at the big cross with the majestic stone wall behind it?
Have you sat in the gathering area of the big house with old or new friends and shared stories or prayed together?
If you said yes to any of these questions, THEN THIS EVENT IS FOR YOU! In the wake of the current pandemic, we're going to have to hold off on our much anticipated bunco night. And that's OK! Our priority is everyone's health and well-being so we're happy to consider that first and come up with another way to help our beloved Tecaboca.
Instead, on September 12 you are invited to participate in our Tecaboca FundRun!
Here's how it works:
1. Put together a Tecaboca FundRun team (no more than 6 people) and come up with a name -or- you can run the event yourself. Post a pic of you or your team and team name on social media with the hashtag #TecabocaFundRun. Click the "Help Fundraise" button to set up your team or individual campaign. 📽 Check out this video on how to set up a fundraising campaign
2. Find a place to complete a 5k walk/run/bike ride/roller skate/skip (you get the idea) either together as a team (remember to practice physical distancing and wear your masks!) or on your own on September 12.
3. As a team, invite family and friends to sponsor your "run" by asking for a donation for completing it.
(Consider suggesting a donation of $25 or $50 - the cost of a ticket to our annual event would have been $40)
4. Have your friends and family make the donation themselves directly on this page listing your team name so you get credit or, better yet, click the “Help Fundraise” button on the page and create your own team/individual goal and campaign. Share your campaign page widely with friends and family to donate directly to your team’s campaign. See this video for more details on setting up a campaign.
5. On September 12 tune in to Tecaboca’s Facebook page and share images or videos of yourself and/or your team completing the 5k and watch the Tecaboca Gala Team complete it while raffling prizes and announcing our participants as we see the donations come in! Remember to use the hashtag #TecabocaFundRun on all your social media platforms!
6. Anyone want prizes?? There will be prizes given to the team (a grand team prize and individual prizes for each member) AND the individual who raises the most money by 5:00PM on September 12.
And that's it!
(Pssst....you can even be a "Ghost Runner" if you want - we won't tell...just make your donation in any amount to help us reach our goal and you'll get all the recognition just the same!)
Our goal this year is to raise $15,000 for our beloved Tecaboca! I know there are plenty of you out there who love the Marianists and what this place does for everyone who crosses the dam road. Please consider helping, as Tecaboca relies on people like you to continue its mission of striving to provide place and program for people to hear God's voice. Let's all join together to make a faith-filled difference!
Be an event sponsor and enjoy a dinner for six at Tecaboca! Check out details here>>>