Zoom link for Virtual Participation on April 19 - https://us02web.zoom.us/j/87414234652?pwd=anI1aTdxamwyelU0QlVoWkFhTGhEZz09
The event will be held in the Valero Community Event Center at the Food Bank. Enter through the Volunteer Lobby and head upstairs. Free parking at the Food Bank.
8:00 - Room open
8:30 - 9:00: Welcome remarks, Ann Helmke and Marlon Davis
9:00 - 9:25: Conversation #1 - Climate and Human Thriving
- Bill Neely, Executive Director SACRD.org
- Douglas Melnick, CSO/resiliency hubs with Dept. of Sustainability
- Gera Marin, SanArte Cultural Healing Clinic, statewide environmental justice coalition
10:00 - 10:25: Conversation #1 - Healing Community: Collective Trauma, Bereavement & Grief
- Dhawn Martin, SACRD.org Board, SoL Center
- Marian Sokol, Children’s Bereavement Center
- David Pocta, Oblate School of Theology, co-facilitator of Healing Community Collaborative
11:00 - 11:25: Conversation #3 - Housing via Faith Community
- Edward Gonzales, SACRD.org Board, Towne Twin Village
- Sarah Woolsey, Impact Guild-Good Acres, co-facilitator of Housing via Faith Community Collab.
- Rich Acosta, Mi Ciudad es Mi Casa
noon - 12:30: Pause for Lunch
12:30 - 12:55: Conversation #4 - Workforce/Economic Development
- Rebecca Viagran, SACRD.org Board, Texas A&M San Antonio
- Janie Barrera, LiftFund
- Amy Contreras, Workforce Development Office, City of San Antonio
1:30 - 1:55: Conversation #5 - Young Leaders Engagement
- Marlon Davis, SACRD.org Board, community organizing within the vulnerable Black community
- Kristie Alsagar, TAMUSA Clinical Student Body President, Bridges to Care SA
- David Robinson, Jr., Weston Urban, Harvard Cohort in SA
2:00 - 2:25: Collaboration Session #5
2:30 - 3:30: Community Conversation with those present, Ann Helmke and Marlon Davis
3:30: Prompt Closing with gratitude
It happened first in January and it’s happening again on April 19th! Faith and civic and community intersecting to cultivate a more Compassionate San Antonio. We. Together. Continuing to move from engaged conversation into engaged collaboration. Finding our full sense of belonging to this Compassionate Community. Exercising our civic muscle. Together. ALL DAY @TheIntersection. April 19, 2022 - In-Person or Virtual attendance available.
Conversations will expand from January into Workforce & Economic Development, Community Health/Bereavement & Grief, Housing via Faith Community, Young Leader Engagement, Climate & Humans. Of course, netWORKing will continue in potential breakouts from the January 11th briefings on Community Health, Compassionate SA, Houselessness & Housing, Hunger & Food Security, Immigration & Refugees, Mental Health, Public Safety, and absolutely Resourcing.
Catalyst catering will provide a variety of vegetarian and non-vegetarian options for breakfast and lunch including yogurt, fruit, crudité and sandwiches. Water, tea, and coffee will also be provided.
Register today! A $10 donation is invited to help cover costs and to continue to develop resourcing connections across a more Compassionate San Antonio.
Alamo Branch, Texas Chapter, National Association of Social Workers
Bridges to Care San Antonio, NAMI SA
Compassionate San Antonio, Faith-Based Initiative, City of San Antonio
Compassionate San Antonio Grassroots, peaceCENTER of San Antonio
Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency
Department of Humans Services, City of San Antonio
Interfaith San Antonio Alliance
Interfaith Welcome Coalition
Jewish Community Relations Council
Jewish Federation of San Antonio
National Alliance on Mental Illness San Antonio
Office of the Immigration Liaison, City of San Antonio
San Antonio Community Resource Directory, SACRD.org
San Antonio Food Bank
San Antonio Raindrop Foundation
Source of Light Center
The Impact Guild
University of the Incarnate Word
Children’s Bereavement Center of South Texas
Oblate School of Theology
Pax Christi USA
San Antonio Stephen Ministry Network
San Arte Healing & Cultura Clinic
WestCare Texas Inc.