Join Texas Conservation Corps and Pines & Prairies Land Trust as we perform trail maintenance at the Colorado River Refuge! We'll be installing erosion control structures such as check steps on a steep trail leading down to the stream.Please note the directions to the site:
Directions:The Colorado River Refuge has many trail heads and we are not meeting at any of them. We will be meeting at a small cut in along the River Trail. The closest address is 218 Waipahoehoe Dr
Bastrop, TX 78602, and the exact location is 30.082114, -97.319938. Please do not park in front of the houses on Waipahoehoe Dr. Instead turn right at the end of the road and park along the Refuge or in front of the water tower.
- Heading east on HWY-71 through Bastrop
- Turn left off the highway onto Gutierrez St
- Turn right at the immediately following intersection onto College St
- 476 ft -Turn left onto Lovers Ln
- 1.2 mi - Turn left onto Baseball Ln
- 243 ft - Turn left onto Keanahalululu Ln
- 0.1 mi - Turn right onto Lamaloa Ln
- 0.3 mi - Turn right onto Waipahoehoe Dr
- Drive to the end of Waipahoehoe and you will see the tent and parking.
Any difficulty finding the site please contact:Courtney Young
Stewardship and Volunteer Manager
Pines and Prairies Land Trust