N. Georges Hill Drive & Wynnefield Ave. Philadelphia, PA, 19131
Like the nearby suburban community of Wynnewood, Wynnefield takes its name from William Penn's physician, Thomas Wynne, who built his home Wynnestay at 52nd Street and Woodbine Avenue in 1690. The former Woodside Amusement Park was located in nearby Fairmount Park and is now the separate community of Wynnefield Heights.
Meet-up Spot, Parking, Travel
Please meet at along the road at N Georges Hill Dr Philadelphia, PA 19131.
**Please don’t leave valuables or anything visible in your vehicles.**
Join FPC staff, community leaders, and an awesome group of volunteers for weekly volunteer service days- sign up for one or more. Hosted by Fairmount Park Conservancy. Together, we will work on:
- Removing invasive species
- Weeding tree pit
- Trash pick up
- Tree care
- Maintenance of trail entrance, trail connections & more
Starting Thursday, May 4th, 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm.
What to Wear and Bring
· We strongly recommend wearing long pants that cover your ankles and long sleeves to protect your arms.
· Sturdy, closed-toe shoes like boots or sneakers are required (no ballet flats, flip flops, or sandals).
· Please bring a reusable water bottle. We will provide jugs for refilling.
· Volunteers are also required to wear gloves while working. Gloves will be provided, but you are also welcome to bring your own.
· You may also want to consider wearing a hat or sunglasses.
· In general, please wear comfortable clothes that you don't mind getting dirty.
· There is plenty of parking!
· There are no bike racks, but we can keep your bike with us to keep an eye on it.
· Buses 38 and 40 stop along nearby Belmont Avenue, but please be extremely careful. walking from these stops as there are no sidewalks and vehicles tend to speed in this area.
· We will provide all the tools, supplies, and materials for the project, including gloves.
· We will provide snacks and a water cooler to refill your bottles.
· We will provide bug spray, sunblock, hand sanitizer, and wipes.
· Please bring a mask (optional).
Note: The location may change in the future