Recently, A Wider Circle opened its newest location. In the heart of Shaw and steps from the Metro, our new office, located at 1726 7th Street NW, Washington DC, will be a center of community change emphasizing job and life skills (stress reduction, financial literacy) building programs. We are looking for assistance on Mondays and Wednesdays from 9 am to 5 pm. As of March 4, 2019, we will also be open Fridays from 9:00 - 5:00 PM.
We have the following roles for volunteers. Please note that training will be provided.
- Greeters and front desk intake volunteers - Many folks who come in will have questions about our offerings. We seek volunteers willing to volunteer a minimum of four hours once per week to sit at the front desk, greet clients and ensure a welcoming presence in our space.
- One-to-one workforce volunteers - Write or re-write resumes, search for jobs or apply for jobs on-line. Volunteers pick a regular slot during our open days and offer a minimum of three hours per week.
- Outreach and neighborhood supporters - We want to learn more about our neighbors and share information about ourselves and our services. We seek volunteers willing to offer three-hours of time to visit churches, social service organizations and others in the neighborhood dropping off flyers about our services as well as our involvement opportunities.
- Community researchers - Clients may come in seeking services that we don't provide. We won't turn folks away. We seek volunteers able to do internet research about other programs, services and community providers on issues such as like rental assistance, food support, youth and after school services and more. Volunteers should be willing to offer two- to three-hour increments and be comfortable in Google Docs and Sheets as well as internet research.
- Data entry volunteers - We will carefully track the types of services provided and information about those we serve. We will have on-line intake tools and a database of clients. We seek volunteers willing to help in three- to four-hour increments entering client data and working in the database, running reports and detailing our support. Familiarity with databases, internet, excel, and Google forms highly preferred.